Hermann13 Jan 2006
This is Hermann, our new family member for the next 10 days. Christopher brought him home from Kindergarten, and he seems to be a sourdough of some sort. If we treat him right, he will give birth to 3 Hermann-children, and we can bake a cake.
Until then, though, he has to be cared for quite carefully.
- Day 1. Hermann needs rest.
- Days 2-4. Hermann needs exercise. Stir once each day.
- Day 5. Hermann is hungry! Feed him with 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. He then needs a bigger bowl, otherwise he will run away.
- Days 6-9. Hermann needs time to digest. He needs a daily walk. Stir once each day.
- Day 10. Feed again with 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup milk.
He is then ready to give birth to 3 children (1 cup each, to be given to good friends), and with the rest we can bake a cake (recipe to follow, or just click on the photo).
Christopher has already memorized the instructions and is making sure we follow them to the letter. Today is Day 1, and despite the rest Hermann seems to have a bad case of gas. We've had to open the cover several times.